Historically, privacy was almost implicit, because it was hard to find and gather information. But in the digital world, whether it’s digital cameras or satellites or just what you click on, we need to have more explicit rules – not just for governments but for private companies.” – Bill Gates, Co-founder, Microsoft
Opt-OutCommonsData appreciates and understands the importance of privacy. Any individual visitor (consumer or business) to CommonsData can choose to Opt-Out, so information about them is not shared with CommonsData customers. To “Opt-Out”, please send an email to [email protected] with your email address, full name, street address, date of birth and phone number.
Collection of Information on Our WebsiteInformation We Collect Directly. CommonsData collects personal information when visitors provide such information on our website, such as during registration, to request services, or through contact forms. We also may collect payment and authentication information depending on the services that you request from us. Information We Collect Automatically. CommonsData automatically receives and stores certain types of information whenever a visitor interacts with the CommonsData website. For example, CommonsData automatically receives and records certain “traffic data” on our server logs, including a visitor’s IP address, the page requested, and interactions with the CommonsData website. CommonsData also automatically collects usage information, such as the number of and frequency of visitors to our site and their use of the CommonsData service.
How We Use the Information We CollectWe use your information to provide our services and as described below.
- Customer Service. To contact subscribers regarding their account status and changes to subscriber agreements, to respond to sales inquiries, and for other customer service-related purposes.
- Marketing. To contact customers about special promotions, product release notices, and other information we think may be of interest to customers, including to send promotions via email.
- Optimization and Personalization. To tailor the content and information that we may send or display, to offer location customization (where permitted by applicable law), personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our website or our services.
- Improve and Analyze Services. To assess how customers use our services, to improve our services, to develop new products and services, and to provide statistical information to our partners about how customers use CommonsData.
- Email Campaigns. To assess the success of marketing campaigns. For example, CommonsData may receive a confirmation when an email sent by CommonsData is opened. This enables us to make emails more relevant and interesting.
How We Share the Information We CollectWe may share your information as follows:
- Marketing Partners. We also may share your information with companies that we believe might offer products and services of interest to you; these companies may market to you.
- Our Customers. We also may share information with those customers who hire us to perform analytics on their behalf. For information on how to opt-out, please see the opt-out section above.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merge with another company, or if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company (including as part of bankruptcy proceedings), we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, judicial proceedings, a court order, subpoena or other legal process.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
SecurityCommonsData uses systems and procedures to safeguard its data. However, as no protection measure is 100% secure, we cannot guarantee against unauthorized or illegal access, disclosure, modification, or loss of data.
Your California Privacy RightsPlease refer to our Privacy Notice for California Residents.
To Unsubscribe From Our CommunicationsYou may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our e-mails, updating your communication preferences, or by sending us email us at [email protected] with Subject: Unsubscribe. Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with us or the Subscription Service.
Contact InformationIf you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, the ways in which we obtain and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, please do not hesitate to contact us at: Website: commonsdata.com Email: [email protected] Last updated: June 21, 2021
We welcomes all type of enquiries. Just drop us a note and we will return to you ASAP.
British Columbia, Canada